The course is designed as an intensive introduction to the theories, methods and tools for building wellness concepts into the strategic planning process of organizations. The class will define the future of wellness in the workplace evolving beyond mechanistic approaches to individual wellness and developing holistic principles leading to organizational health. At the completion of the course, students will have an understanding of ways to institute a new wellness paradigm into organizational design.
The following essential questions will guide our study of Organizational Health:
- How does one develop an authentic and dynamic understanding of one’s inner life?
- How does one convey the “inner life” of the self to the organization?
- How does one differentiate between individual well-being and organizational health?
- Is there a connection between organizational health and individual health?
- How does one learn to build wellness concepts into the strategic planning process of organizations?
- What are Open Space Technology, Appreciative Inquiry, Emotional Intelligence, Internal Self-Management, Change Processes, Followership, Conflict Resolution and the role of Leadership?
- What is the concept of “Speed of Light” and “Speed of Life?”
Selected papers/documents from class: